Saturday, December 4, 2010

Even Better Tomorrow - Lentil Soup

Winter is officially here in Chicago! As I write the snow is falling outside my window, and I'm craving all the comforts of warm hearty treats that my kitchen yields. Soup is the ultimate winter food, but all I can really think about as I watch this week's episode of Glee in my pajamas is - how is that 30 years have passed since Dirty Dancing and all of sudden everyone is doing "Had the Time of My Life?" This exhibits my lack of meaningful thoughts for the morning, which explains why I needed inspiration from a fav blogger, Carrots N' Cake. I'll be back later this weekend with more coherent ideas for you all. In the meantime, enjoy some soup and stay warm!



Ingredients:

2 Tbs. olive oil
3 yellow onions
1 purple onion
1 sweet potato
1 tomato
4 c. veggie broth
1/2 c. lentils
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried sage
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Directions:

1. Chop all veggies, and keep in separate piles.

2. In a large pot, saute onions in olive oil until translucent.

3. Over medium heat, add sweet potato and saute for about 3 minutes.

4. Add diced tomato, seasoning and veggie broth simmer for 3 minutes.

5. Combine dried lentils into pot and bring to a boil.

6. Cover soup and turn down to a simmer for 30 minutes.

**inspired in part by Carrots N' Cake's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment