Thursday, October 28, 2010

Say Hello To My Spicy Little Friend

If you're like me, and I gather at least a few of you are, then you are obsessed and nearly unstoppable when it comes to nuts. It has taken me years to master the serving size for almonds, peanut butter, walnuts ... and I still want more. But these tasty babes are high in calorie and (healthy) fat, which means moderation.


Now, I admit some days I can stop myself from finishing off the jar of peanut butter, and other days, I am the all-or-nothing monster. With that, I present you with my little friend: GARBANZO! Protein packed, versatile, and a smart substitution for almost anything with a crunch when baked the Mind Over Booty way.



Spicy Garbanzo Babes


Ingredients:


1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed thoroughly with water and patted dry
1/2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Tossing Garbanzo Babes


Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.


2. Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray.


3. Toss garbanzo babes in seasoning, and spread onto cookie sheet in a single layer.


4. Place in oven and give the babes a nudge every 15 minutes for an hour.


5. Remove from oven and let cool. Place in a jar and store for up to 3 days.

2 comments: