Monday, November 1, 2010

Lean Mean Green

This is the obligatory green monster post. In my defense, I have been making these much longer than most people have been blogging about them. I <3 spinach, so it's a natural fit.

Some of you may be thinking: What is a green monster? Well, friend, it is a smoothie that has a green tint due to the addition of spinach. To be more specific, my green monsters always have two things: chocolate protein powder and frozen spinach. You always want to add a fruit in there to help mask the spinach flavor. Something bold and creamy. My top choices are banana and mango, but berries certainly work. Green monsters are a healthful post-workout snack, or hearty breakfast for a booty on the go. And I promise, you won't even notice there's spinach in there!

Rawr! Green Monster.

Ingredients:
1/2 banana
1/2 c. non-dairy milk
1/2 c. water
1 c. frozen spinach
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (currently loving Sunwarrior)
3-4 ice cubes


Directions:


1. Put all ingredients in blender.

2. Blend.

3. Drink up. Try to avoid a brain freeze. Ahhh, Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment