Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pumpkin Lasagna

For the next few weeks I'll be filling a new role - nurse, caring for a family member. As such, I find myself gravitating towards dishes that create an infinite amount of leftovers to freeze and bring with me. I rarely eat full bore lasagna, as much as I love the gooey traditional version. I find the traditioinal dish rather heavy, but this lightened and veggie-filled version is wholesome and filling without overdoing it. The noodles can be cooked in advance and the veggies can be chopped when you get home from the grocery store. It takes me about 45 minutes to put this together from scratch, which is worth it in my book to have leftovers for two days.

Ingredients:

9 lasagna noodes
16 oz. canned pumpkin
1 zucchini
1 red onion
1 c. cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 jar organic marinara sauce
1 c. tofutti OR goat cheese
2 Tbs. (vegan) parmessan

Directions:

1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package.

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease 9x13 pan.

3. Chop all veggies.


4. Spread a thin layer of sauce.

5. Place 3 noodles in pan.


6. Spread a layer of pumpkin over noodles.


7. Sprinkle tofutti/goat cheese.

8. Add 1/2 of all veggies.

9. Repeat 4-8 one time.

10. Place 3 lasagna noodles on top and remainder of sauce.

11. Sprinkle (vegan) parmessan.

12. Bake for 25 minutes.

13. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment