Monday, November 22, 2010

Lists Are Friends

With Thanksgiving right around the bend, and a short workweek upon us, I find myself feeling hectic and a little stressed, with excitement, of course. Since one of my triggers to overeating is stress,  making lists and planning ahead is an important part of my holiday season. The most coveted lists for Thanksgiving are my daily T-giving prep and my activity plans. Check out my plans below, and I encourage you to put yours together too!

Thanksgiving Daily Prep:

Sunday
  • Homemade Marshmallow Fluff (for sweet potatoes)
Monday
  • Select serving dishes
  • Decide on a center piece
  • Purchase Specialty Grocery Items
Tuesday
  • Honey Buttermilk Cornbread 
  • Pumpkin Cookies
  • Gravy 
Wednesday
  • Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Pie
  • Spinach Artichoke Dip 
  • Mashed Sweet Potatoes
  • Wash & Chop Veggies
T-Day
  • Tofurkey
  • Stuffing
  • Roasted Asparagus
  • Vegan Gravy
  • Reheat and finish previously completed dishes

T-Giving Activity Schedule:

  • Sunday: 25 minutes M.O.B. Pump, 25 minutes hill setting cardio
  • Monday: 45 minutes cardio interval training, 5 minute abs
  • Tuesday: spinning class
  • Wednesday: 30 minutes M.O.B. Pump, 30 minutes cardio
  • T-day: 30 minutes workout of choice*
  • Friday: 30 minutes L.A.B. (Leg, Ab, Butt) routine, 30 minutes interval training cardio
  • Saturday: Rest & A HAIRCUT! (Ok, that's not so much a physical activity, but I'm psyched!)

*On a holiday where I am cooking most of the meal, I say it's a win if I make physical activity a part of the preparation. My plan is to actually go to the gym and get in a high intensity cardio workout. If I feel crunched for time, I have a dvd at home that I can run through in a pinch. Give yourself options if you know your day will be full and filling, but I do recommend a quick sweat session to balance out all that yumminess on T-day.

2 comments:

  1. Miss. M, I'm really enjoying reading your blog! Thanks for keeping me inspired to exercise during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks brigetted! I'm hoping to keep up the motivation this week.

    ReplyDelete