Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Simplicity At Its Best: Baked Apples

Last night I found myself once again packing for a work trip. This time I am venturing to New York City for 5 long days. There will be little downtime, but I hope to update you all on my trip as I try to stay true to my healthy living identity aka eating well and staying active.

When I pack, and feel frantic, I find myself snacking endlessly. These baked apples are naturally sweet and the lemon juice produces a tangy syrup to knock the socks off of any sweet tooth. I realize this recipe is almost too simple to post, but I know there are those of you who sometimes wonder how to break down something such as baked apples or roasted squash. I'm here to say no recipe is too simple or too complicated that this booty won't give it a try!

Ingredients:

4 apples
1 lemon
dash of sea salt
1/4 c. splenda OR sugar
1/4 c. rasins
2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit

2. Wash and thinly slice apples.


3. Squeeze lemon over apples and toss with the rest of the ingredients.


4. Bake in a dish for 40 minutes.


5. Serve topped with granola or a bit of non-dairy milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment